Creating and Uploading a Recipient List
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Uploading a recipient list has two parts:
- First, prepare your spreadsheet of numbers outside of the app, and save it as a CSV file.
- Next, upload the CSV file to the app.
- The fax numbers in your recipient list must include a country code and an area code. The numbers must be in this format: (country code)(area code)(fax number), with no spaces between the numbers.
- You can have up to 500,000 numbers in your recipient list.
Creating and formatting a CSV file
To create a CSV file of your recipient list in the correct format, follow these steps.
- In a spreadsheet program like Excel or Google Sheets, open your blank worksheet.
- Create and label a column for fax.
- Paste your recipients’ fax numbers under the fax column in the spreadsheet. The numbers must be in this format: (country code)(area code)(fax number), with no spaces between the numbers.
- Optional: For fax merge, create and label the next columns accordingly. The labels must not contain any spaces. Paste the corresponding information under the appropriate columns.
- Save the file in CSV format. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labeled as “Export as .CSV” or “Download as .CSV.” Different spreadsheet programs may vary.
Now that you have the CSV file of your recipient list, you can upload the file to the app.
Uploading your recipient list
To upload your recipient list, follow these steps.
- Go to Fax and select Broadcasting > List Management.
- Select Add List, and select the .CSV file containing your recipient list.
- Once successfully uploaded, the .CSV file will appear on List Management.
Duplicates will be automatically removed from the list, and the number of valid fax numbers will be displayed. You will also receive an email notification with detailed information about the recipient list.